Buy Magicka
$9.99 USD
Buy Magicka - Four Pack
Includes four copies of Magicka - Send the extra copies to your friends
$29.99 USD
Packages that include this game
Buy Magicka Collection
Includes 23 items:
Magicka, Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes, Magicka: Dungeons and Daemons, Magicka: Dungeons and Gargoyles, Magicka: Final Frontier, Magicka: Frozen Lake, Magicka: Gamer Bundle, Magicka: Grimnir's Laboratory, Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack, Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack, Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack, Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise, Magicka: Marshlands, Magicka: Mega Villain Robes, Magicka: Nippon, Magicka: Party Robes, Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin, Magicka: The Stars Are Left, Magicka: The Watchtower, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim, Magicka: Vietnam, Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit
$39.99 USD
Buy Paradox Indie Bundle
Includes 5 items:
Dungeonland, Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition, Magicka, Teleglitch: Die More Edition, The Showdown Effect
$49.99 USD
Downloadable Content For This Game
$61.77 USD
Buy Magicka DLC Bundle
Includes 21 items:
Magicka: Aspiring Musician Robes, Magicka: Dungeons and Daemons, Magicka: Final Frontier, Magicka: Frozen Lake, Magicka: Gamer Bundle, Magicka: Grimnir's Laboratory, Magicka: Heirlooms Item Pack, Magicka: Holiday Spirit Item Pack, Magicka: Horror Props Item Pack, Magicka: Lonely Island Cruise, Magicka: Marshlands, Magicka: Mega Villain Robes, Magicka: Nippon, Magicka: Party Robes, Magicka: Peculiar Gadgets Item Pack, Magicka: The Other Side of the Coin, Magicka: The Stars Are Left, Magicka: The Watchtower, Magicka: Tower of Niflheim, Magicka: Vietnam, Magicka: Wizard's Survival Kit
$25.99 USD
"A buggy but gloriously accident prone &wizard simulator& in which you combine elements to form unique spells and mostly blow up your friends."
Read the full review .
Recent updates
Greetings, Banner-Wizards of Midg?rd!
To celebrate the upcoming launch of Magicka 2, which will arrive on PC and PS4(R) on May 26, 2015, we've we published a completely fair-use trailer containing all-new gameplay and allegedly new ideas!
The game can be pre-ordered on PC beginning today, with PS4 pre-orders starting soon, according to the alarm Paradox has set on its Night Watch. Magicka 2 will be available for $14.99 on both platforms. Those who pre-order will get an exclusive hands-on sneak peek of the game for themselves and three soon-to-be ex-friends!
Check out our new trailer below!
9 February
We just unlocked another method for you to blast your way to the next level of Magicka 2 sign-up rewards!
Introducing &Spell Memory&! Just as before, your first three efforts will be counted towards the community goals to unlock some awesome Magicka 2 goodies!
Play here:
Steam Big Picture
About This Game
Magicka is a satirical action-adventure game set in a rich fantasy world based on Norse mythology. The player assumes the role of a wizard from a sacred order tasked with stopping an evil sorcerer who has thrown the world into turmoil, his foul creations besieging the forces of good.
Players will be able to combine the elements to cast spells, wreaking havoc and devastation on the minions of darkness. They will also be able to team up with friends and fight their way through the campaign, or test their skills in the magickal arts through other challenging modes.
In Magicka, up to four players take on a grand adventure to save their world from certain doom using a fully dynamic spell system. The adventure mode takes the players across three different levels, ranging from the lush forests of mountain valleys to the frozen halls of the Mountain King where wits and creative thinking are the keys to victory.
In the unlockable hardcore challenge mode, players fight off waves of enemies to earn their place on local and online leaderboards.
Innovative and dynamic spell casting system
Up to four-player co-op in all game modes, as well as a single-player option
Fight your way through 13 different campaign levels
Explore an expansive realm of adventure to defeat the evil wizard
Find and unlock challenges, items, and powerful Magicks
Experience the parody and satire of a clichéd fantasy world
System Requirements
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Available Space
Video Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon(R) X1900 (Integrated Video Cards not recommended)
DirectX(R): DirectX 9
Sound: DirectX-compatible sound card
Additional: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers. DSL Internet connection for multiplayer. .NET 3.5 required
Paradox Interactive, MAGICKA(R) Copyright(C) [2013] Paradox Interactive AB All rights reserved.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
90.5 hrs on record
At first glance Magicka will look like a fun button mashing experience to have with your friends. If you look further you will see that there is more enjoyment to experience from Magicka than you could ever see from the trailers and screenshots. Magicka has created something that no game had ever done before (at least not well). From just a combination of buttons you can create powerful spells that bare strategy behind them. Of course there are a number of downsides and bugs to this game that when overlooked barely interfere with the gameplay at all and will usually result in a laugh. Make no mistakes, this game is for pure fun and joy.If you are looking for a game to play with your friends then look no further because this game is precisely what you need. You are getting a lot more fun out of this game than the price would intend you to believe. At such a low price you get hours of gameplay discluding all of the tremendous amount of downloadable content. Magicka is a co-op game that brings out the evil inside you and your friends. You can be on your way to defeating the infamous Grimnir when out beaming behind you is a beam of arcane from your companion aiming directly for you. Magicka really brings out the troll in most people and with countless of opportunities to kill you your friends will never get bored killing you and reviving you, killing and reviving you, killing and... yeah.For the serious competitors that don't like the limitations that Magicka: Wizard Wars gives you but are still interested in the humor and game mechanics of Magicka then the pvp or challenge modes will prove to be very effective gamemodes. As stated before Magicka has a very diverse field of strategy. For example someone will be coming at you with some fire so you have to quickly decide to cast a fire shield onto yourself to become immune to fire and then come at them with the most unexpected attacks in order to win a player versus player match. Challenge mode also includes some strategy and competition. Once you die in challenge you're done for and must start from square one. This means you can compete against your friends and see who is the greater wizard.Now I bring you the bugs, glitches and problems this game faces. The bugs in this game are usually hilarious to see happen to someone you are playing with and usually funny to watch when they happen to you. These are the small bugs that don't affect you in a huge way when playing Magicka but through your playthrough it is not unlikely to come across a big glitch that will require you to restart the game and have you go back to the last checkpoint. Another thing that could be considered a problem in this game is it's massive amount of downloadable content which could possibly be a deal breaker for you if you just hate paying just a bit extra for a full package. What I must reassure you with is the fact that none of the extra content is required to feel whole although it is a bit depressing when you look at your robes and see a horde of robes unable to play with. When it comes to actual level and gameplay dlc Paradox have done something I must praise them for. When playing online only the host needs the downloadable content in order to play it so essentially you could play every dlc level without ever paying a cent.This was the first game I had in my library and it's what got me interested in steam. So as someone who has had their lives changed (or ruined from the access to almost every modern pc game developed) I say buy this game whenever you get the chance. If you're interested in humour, magick, wizards, co-op, being a troll, strategic moves, unstrategic fails, using powerful combos that wipes everything off the screen causing you all to go back to the start of the game, competition or vampires that think no one knows that they are vampires then I highly recommend to try this game out regardless if you're a loner and can't find anyone to play it with.
Was this review helpful?
45.1 hrs on record
I stepped out of a crashed flying ship, saw a guy mourning someone in front a tombstone, listened to him tell me how important life was, then enchanted my sword with 5 water and sent him flying out of my screen in 0,2 seconds...... 2 minutes later, I got an achievement for killing him.11/10: Truly one of the best games ever.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
39.1 hrs on record
Kill your friends. KILL THEM ALL.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
1,470.5 hrs on record
This is one of my favorite games ever. Having said that, the learning curve is steep, but the game is flexible enough that everyone tends to develop their own style. It has a very simple magic system that lends itself to plenty of emergent complexity. The campaign is full of cultural references as is all of the DLC, making for a quirky and entertaining overall bundle. The challenges are hard enough that I still haven't beaten all of them on my own, so the game has content for all skill levels.
Was this review helpful?
4.8 hrs on record
Game tip: &Remember, if your friends die, you can pick up thier items!&
Was this review helpful?
17.9 hrs on record
This game is just simply awesome. Dialogs are just hilarious, just try to ask every NPCs a thing, you won't regret it. There is a lot of sci-fi/fantasy references in all the game. The story is really funny too.The solo mod is fun, if you wanna talk to every NPCs and try to follow the story but i prefer to warn you, if you try to play with friends, it's nearly impossible to stay alive. And that's the fun of the multi, you have the friendly fire so you can cast spells to push your friends on the ennemies, or in the gaps. But don't worry, they can use resurrection')The mechanics of the games are awesome too, you have 8 elements of magick and you can combine them into an infinite possibility of spells.I highly recommend it, even if you can only play in solo.11/10
Was this review helpful?
73 people found this review funny
24.1 hrs on record
Accidental Homicide Simulator 201410/10 would fight involuntary manslaughter charges again.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
6.6 hrs on record
Yer' a wizard Harry!
Was this review helpful?
8.1 hrs on record
I opened the refrigerator and fell through the world.10/10 no glitches
Was this review helpful?
6.5 hrs on record
-Became a Wizard-Said &????it, I'm AMERICAN&-Grabbed a Rifle & Flag-Showered enemies in FREEDOM-'Murica10/10
Was this review helpful?
10.7 hrs on record
This is an amazing game! Finally a game where you can use your imagination to create different spells to suite different situations whether to freeze your opponents or set them on fire, why not combine ice and fire into steam and boil them to death!It has funny dialogues and an interesting story line. However, the only draw back is the amount of bugs present. It is not well polished even after all the patches it is still buggy and crashes alot. I wish the developers would have fixed the game instead of abandoning it to create a sequel! But when you get over the tremendous amount of bugs and crashes you will find a very fun game.
Was this review helpful?
23.4 hrs on record
If you want a game that takes itself seriously, this isn't for you.If you want a game that you can enjoy to the fullest on your own, this isn't for you either.Granted, while I usually do prefer playing games with friends, Magicka was really far from what my expectations of it were, and more often than not feels like a bit of a wasted potential for something that could've been really interesting in several ways. That said, I suppose it might just have been better that they didn't try to make this serious.Nevertheless, with my complaints aside, Magicka manages to make any group of friends have loads of fun for as long as the story lasts, and the whole element combination system is really, really amusing to use, moreover with other people to do it with. I can't praise the comic relief &plot& or the presentation much, but for what it's worth, I don't really regret buying it!
Was this review helpful?
20.8 hrs on record
1. Buy Magicka for all your friends2. Play with all your friends3. Lose all your friends4. Than buy Magicka 2 when it comes out and do the exact same thing
Was this review helpful?
19.7 hrs on record
Magicka is a game about magic. You combine 8 different elements in many strange and fantastic ways. the game is fun to go through alone, but shines with friends. I recommend this game to anyone interested in magic/ranged RPG style games.
Was this review helpful?
150.0 hrs on record
&I cast healing spe- *Combusts into gore*& - Yellow Guy shortly before I hit him with a rock travelign at orbital velocities...
Was this review helpful?
9.0 hrs on record
Don't be fooled by the underwhelming screenshots shown on the store page. This game is high paced, action packed, and incredibly fluid. Adventure with your friends for maximum enjoyment.The game utilizes eight elements which you can combine to create an enormous number of effects. You and your friends can &cross the beams& and have mega powered attacks, massive explosions, and any number of other crazy effects.The story is a bit quirky but it's actually quite entertaining. There are &twists,& drama, humor, and even the occasional moment of somber seriousness. The game can get quite difficult, and every battle leaves you feeling like an action movie hero.It's a great game on it's own, but it's an unbeatable experience with your friends.
Was this review helpful?
10.9 hrs on record
Best Wizards killing Wizards simulator of all time.Shot a healing beam and killed everything 10/10
Was this review helpful?
25.9 hrs on record
Joined friend's game for the first time, used Meteor Shower, GAME OVER within 2 minutes. Fantastic!Also caught laughing maniacally by family when a teammate is &accidentally& murdered, or the vortex killed all the progress required NPCs. Time to restart.
Was this review helpful?
16.1 hrs on record
Started Magicka.Went through tutorial.Learned Spells.Mashed Keys.Accidentally killed myself with my own OP death mines.11/10 would play again
Was this review helpful?
1.4 hrs on record
Didn't think i would like this sort of game, but it's not that bad !!You go around casting different spells, killing goblins and other creatures.All in all a good game...I would recommend this.The Rating for this game:8/10
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
Languages:
Full audio
Includes 88 Steam Achievements
Title: Magicka
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 25 Jan, 2011
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
Magicka - Four Pack
Magicka Collection
Paradox Indie Bundle
Magicka DLC Bundle
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &steam上magicka怎么和朋友联机_百度知道
steam上magicka怎么和朋友联机
在线等答案,不是盗版的steam入手了magicka,怎么和朋友联机啊,是正版有戏,游戏里面没有邀请朋友的选项,我建了房间朋友也搜不出来
提问者采纳
游戏中跳出到桌面,然后好友栏右击邀请好友游戏。
提问者评价
没错,这个我自己试出来了,还是谢谢你了!
其他类似问题
magicka的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
What the developers have to say:
&Greetings Magickans!
We've just hit Alpha with the Wizard Wars, spells are now fully lethal though. During the coming days and weeks we will continue to add features and tweaks together with you. In the main menu there's always a &Feedback& button available which we respond to in weekly updates. If you decide to support us by getting the Founder Wizard or IMPressive Founder Packs we will also discuss changes in depth in the forum with you.
Lastly, any support is welcome, and in the end joining is during Early Access means just that, you get to play and develop the game with us from Alpha. The goal however, is to offer the most fun free to play arena game out there, you just have to let us know when you think we've reached that goal.&
Play Magicka: Wizard Wars
Free to Play
Downloadable Content For This Game
$84.95 USD
"It's Dota 2 where everybody is Invoker. In all seriousness, takes the Magicka formula but makes it competitive. An acquired taste w/ a learning curve."
Recent updates
Greetings, Banner-Wizards of Midg?rd!
To celebrate the upcoming launch of Magicka 2, which will arrive on PC and PS4(R) on May 26, 2015, we've we published a completely fair-use trailer containing all-new gameplay and allegedly new ideas!
The game can be pre-ordered on PC beginning today, with PS4 pre-orders starting soon, according to the alarm Paradox has set on its Night Watch. Magicka 2 will be available for $14.99 on both platforms. Those who pre-order will get an exclusive hands-on sneak peek of the game for themselves and three soon-to-be ex-friends!
Check out our new trailer below!
Just a reminder that you still have time to get your teams set-up for our first &warm-up& round of the Go4WizardWars cups, before the cash-prize events begin next week.
Details here:
Begins at 16:00 CET
Good luck!
Report bugs and leave feedback for this game on the discussion boards
“Wizard Wars’ strength is that it’s chaotic duels are immediately fun…”
“I don’t think anything else has quite gripped me in the same way this year.”
“THE GRIM REAPER’S HERE!!! OH GOD!”
About This Game
Magicka: Wizard Wars is a Spellcasting Action PvP game with the humor and the dynamic realtime spell system of Magicka. Players form teams of four and blaze their way across the battlefield, combining magical elements on the fly to create hundreds of spell combinations with wildly varying effects. Magicka: Wizard Wars will eventually be FREE to play.
Each player can personalize their wizard with unique gear and Magicks, complete with tongue-in-cheek references to popular media and current events.
With friendly fire, short rounds and unpredictable strategies, Wizard Wars gives both novice players and experienced MOBA veterans a unique tactical depth in every encounter.
The time is now to get up, gear up and go to war!
2 Game modes, 4-on-4 teamplay and the new 1-on-1 Duel game mode
Fight intense battles - Co-op spellcasting, wielding fire and dragons as your weapons.
Show your skills in fast-paced action, dynamically choose your spells on the fly to counter your opponents’ attacks.
Friendly fire is in full effect, staying true to the Magicka tradition of “accidentally” killing your friends.
100 Robes, Staves, Skins, Weapons and your Humor of choice, 100s more to come – Be the Wizard you want to be!
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 / ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT or greater OR on-board (integrated): Intel HD
or greater
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Recommended:
Processor: 2.4 GHz Dual Core CPU
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: 512Mb Nvidia GeForce 440 / AMD Radeon 5670 or greater
DirectX: Version 10
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Paradox Interactive, MAGICKA(R) Copyright(C) [2013] Paradox Interactive AB All rights reserved.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
13.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Ever wanted to be Harry Potter? well, in this game you can't.But you can be a wizard tho, and that's cool.So go and play it, and probably get rekt the first 20 matches.At least.. thats what happened to me..BUT HOW EVER ITS A GOOD GAMEDumbledore rated this game
10/10Have fun!
Was this review helpful?
6 people found this review funny
146.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF ASF WDE WWE ASF ASF ASF
Was this review helpful?
3.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Quas Wex Exort! Oh, wait. Wrong game.
Was this review helpful?
9.5 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Fantastic game :-D
Was this review helpful?
10.4 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Very interesting and fun game. They simplified it a bit, which is a good thing and makes it more accessible. Too bad not many people play, hopefully they'll make a promo or something. The game is really balanced. You can easily defeat players who decided to purchase in-game items as they are well balanced, the only way to win is to be better than your opponent, no by buying stuff.
Was this review helpful?
1.7 hrs on record
Early Access Review
11/10 best game ever ???? LoL ???? Dota 2 this is my shiet
Was this review helpful?
5.4 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Awesome just like a Magicka game. Just a shame that you can only combine three elements on this one.
Was this review helpful?
9.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
I think I've played enough of this to give it my opinion...
May not seem like I've put much time into it, but it doesn't take very long before you've seen it all.Let's start with the comparison to where it drew its name from, Magicka.
Wizard Wars has dumbed down and ???????ized the magic system, reducing the number of elements you can put into a spell and changing the way elements work to cut out some of the previous combinations as well, not to mention cutting out both weapon enchants and self casts (with a couple exceptions.
Healing and some shield spells will self-cast, everything else is nova style).
Player health has gone up and spell damage has gone down, probably in the name of balance or keeping people from getting upset due to OHKOs.In addition, Wizard Wars figured the next logical step from a lighthearted friendly fire co-op game was to make some sort of weird MOBA/King of the Hill gamemode, pulling creep &imps& out of nowhere.
Said creeps aren't even really good for anything except getting in the way of your own spells when you're trying to chase someone down.And believe me, there's a lot of chasing...
Combats have gone from fast and furious to muddled slogs where people quite often resort to just beating each other with their weapons because that does considerably more damage than a lot of spells.
Either a player is stupid enough to stick around while you both hit each other with sticks until one dies, or they get low on health and start heading for the hills.The game demands teamwork as much as it makes it difficult.
It's a pure numbers game.
If you meet two wizards and you're just one wizard, you're dead.
Doesn't matter what you pull out of your ???, if they're not lagging the hell out or completely new to the game, you cannot win against superior numbers.
On the other hand, trying to work together with your team is difficult because of 100% friendly fire and all those ??????? imps getting in the way, plus beams crossing and all sorts of other nonsense.It also tries to avoid the &pay to win& definition by having every bonus come with a malus.
If you get a boost to your fire damage and resistance, you'll suffer an equal reduction to your arcane damage and resistance.
Makes sense, right?Well, it would if the elements were all equally useful, and if all the boosts provided equal benefits.
But that's not the case at all.
So while the non-payers can put hours and hours and hours into this game, trying to get some semi-rare item out of the daily item chest or scrape together a few magic pennies to buy the one variant of that robe you want that actually accepts ingame currency, those who gush money out the nose will be able to freely pick and purchase the highest-efficacy set whenever they like.But even this the game fails at...
The prices on the most mundane objects are absolutely insane, and you'll easily be spending $5 or more on some purely cosmetic adjustment that nobody's going to see anyways.
Buying all the parts of a high-end elemental set could easily set you back the cost of last year's AAA titles, brand new.
At least stuff like DOTA got the &micro& part of microtransactions mostly right...I tried looking past my prejudices I'd gained from reading about this game when I preordered Magicka 2 and got some promotional equipment sets for this.
This is the only thing that's given me pause in my joyful expectations of Magicka 2, because if that game has ANYTHING to do with this one, I will be sorely disappointed.But looking past the shoddy pay to win aspects, the oversimplified magic and combat systems, the odd gamemode...
This game just isn't very good.
It's been out and in development for ages, and it's laggy, buggy and crashes frequently.
There are a whopping three (small) maps to play on, and the matchmaking service is laggy on a good day, and completely stops working on others.
It's happened a few times where I'll be brought to the pre-match screen, all 8 players are sitting around waiting for the timer to start, and then the match gets spontaneously cancelled because it thinks there aren't any players.
It's also somewhat irritating when you've gone through the dull grind of getting some 10+ wins before opening the daily chest to barely increase its rarity modifier, only for the game to glitch out and remove your modifier before the chest gets stuck in an animation loop and doesn't give you any item at all.In short, it's terrible.
I really wanted to like it too, because, well...
It has &Magicka& in the title.
Unfortunately, that's apparently the only thing it shares with the original.Buy Magicka, it's at least fun behind the bugs and the lag.
Try and forget that this train wreck exists.
Was this review helpful?
0.5 hrs on record
Early Access Review
I really recommend you to play this game if you are interested in magic or like playing invoker in DotA2!
Was this review helpful?
8.3 hrs on record
Early Access Review
It's a fun game.
I like that you can change your equipment (after purchasing it) to be any type of mage.
The only down side to changing is that if you've spent a lot of time getting gear for a particular element, you have no coins left to buy other gear.I've been playing for a couple of hours and decided to go the way of a healer.
I used all of my resources to max out healing.
However, the game punishes you for being a pure healer.
Even though I'm instrumental in keeping my teamates alive so that they can attack.
The game ranks you acorrding to how many kills you have.
So even when my team wins, I'm at the bottom and recieve less perks.Since it a team game, 4 vs 4 most of the time, it would be nice if the ranking changed to be the amount of damge dealed or healed instead of a pure death count.I'm already growing frustrated that I spent my time getting healing gear to help my team, and finding out later how little reward I would get.
It seems that most people go for pure damage and a one-man army approach in which they don't help each other.
On the rare chance that I get a group together that does acutlly work as a team, we stomp all over the competition.
The reason it works so welll is because I'm constantly healing the others and they can focus on attack.
My teammates flay the other team, and we win.
Then the rankings show me getting less than even the loosing team.I justgot out of a match.
The highest score was 785 on my team.
I died only once and the entire time I was healing my teammates and helping them deal max damage.
My score? ZERO, I didn't get even one experience point for my effortts.
I'm done with this game.
Was this review helpful?
1,499.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
What is a Wizard?This game is all about skill. It is PURE skill. Said skill is demonstrated in real time via mechanical execution, muscle-memory, level-headedness, reaction, anticipation, situational awareness, adaptation, and mind games. It is the purest test of all-around personal, gaming capability. All of these are intricately tied to and driven by the first listed skill form: mechanical execution. Mechanical execution is the core of the game. It enables the test of level-headedness. Mechanical execution, and all other forms of skill, suffers when under pressure. Keeping your cool is necessary to not fumble spells. It is necessary to successfully cast the correct spell. It tests a player’s personal muscle-memory potential. A large number of spells are possible. Because each of these must be cast extremely quickly at any given moment, muscle memory is formed and tested by repeated mechanical execution. It perfectly tests re reflexive speed and quick decision making. Using the correct spell in reaction to an opponent’s action is necessary for survival. Being able to successfully cast a given spell in reaction to an opponent, before said opponent can pull off an action or combo, requires fast and correct, mechanical execution. Warding !SES before an opponent can detonate SES is a perfect and common example of this in practice. Extending from reaction is situational awareness and anticipation. The possession of such ability comes from ascending beyond deliberately typing spells to effortlessly casting spells. This is a challenge on muscle-memory. When a player is focusing on how to cast a spell, that player cannot anticipate actions and that player has limited capability to “see” the mind is too consumed with casting that spell. However, when enough of the proper actions and reactions are truly mastered, a player can begin to anticipate things and think beyond casting a spell. One can innately know the next spell to cast in a combo, know the proper counter to it, know if the opponent will be able to defend in time, and, not only know what the opponent would potentially do to stop the player, but which action(s) that opponent is most likely to do in the current situation. But, if muscle memory is needed to attain situational awareness, and by extension, anticipation, why not remove it so that players can immediately partake of and enjoy the “end-game”? The answer is that anticipation is a test of muscle memory, not that muscle-memory is a needless gate into anticipation. So, how does anticipation test muscle memory? This is where adaptation and mind games come in. Certain common combos become expected. Rather quickly, a player realizes that SES is generally followed by back-pedaling with FFF. This is anticipation. By anticipating the FFF one might summon an !E to nullify that FFF, thereby preventing the detonation of the mines. However, that player may also anticipate said reaction and shoot QRS to detonate the mines. One may realize that player understands this concept and drops an EDF instead, overwriting some of the mines, blocking FFF if that player uses it, and blocking some of the ice if the player uses that. There are a handful of “correct” decisions that can be made in reaction to such a combo and there are a handful of ways to adapt that combo. All of these further test muscle memory and mechanical execution. Players must predict what each other will do and set up chains of attacks and tactics to throw an opponent off. This is the key. This is everything. This is the true test. By fighting an opponent that is trying to throw you off, you must be capable of casting the correct spells with which to defend against that player’s attacks. You must have more spells locked in your muscle memory to be able to throw your opponent off. Each opponent that takes you down offers you a lesson. You learn a new potential combo or attack chain. You use that knowledge against others and prevail until someone devises a tactic that negates it. And.. then you learn again. This is what makes a wizard better than another wizard. The better wizard knows more spells. The better wizard can cast those spells faster. The better wizard knows which spells are best for each situation and knows how other wizards will react to those spells in those situations. The better wizard can probe the weaker wizard, feeling out that wizard’s s a tendency toward an element, a tendency toward a specific spell or tactic. The better wizard can exploit that style, turning it into a weakness. When the same is done to the better wizard, the better wizard adapts and turns it back on the weaker wizard, throwing him off guard, thus putting him on the defensive. Mind games. Wizarding is the truest test of pure skill and intelligence. I love it. Thank you so much devs.
Was this review helpful?
16.5 hrs on record
Early Access Review
There's an imp there called Nicolas Cage. 10/10
Was this review helpful?
584.4 hrs on record
Early Access Review
This is by far the best PVP game I've ever played.
And I do mean &ever&.
Upon first glances it might seem to one that this is a MOBA.
It definitely has those characteristics, but I'd go so far as to classify this is an &unconventional& fighting game.
Like a fighting game, you have to know and master your character's abilities--attacks, defenses, counters, etc.
Like the original Magicka, you are using 8 keys (QWERASDF) to create DOZENS of spells on the fly, although in this one there is only three slots for each element.
Also similar to a fighting game is the fact that there is telegraphing.
Each spell queued up is visible to your opponent for a split secdon, so he/she will be able to react accordingly.
This leads to extremely fast gameplay that requires some really good reflexes.The downside is that this game is has a VERY high learning curve to anyone who never played the original Magicka.
You will need to devote as much time and effort to learning the spells and casting them (which just means you have to learn to type FAST) as you would any &conventional& fighting game.
This has turned off a lot of new players (just look at the steamcharts) because they either become frustrated or just don't have the interest in devoting that much time to a game.HOWEVER, to anyone who has taken the time to learn this game throughout, it becomes very apparent that the developers of this game are GENIUSES and that this really is one of the best most action packed 100% skill based PVP games that he/she has ever played.
Was this review helpful?
664.7 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Highly competitive fast pased action game, probably one of the best arena team games on steam along with dota 2.It plays almost like a fighting game during duel mode because its 1v1 bo3, using mix ups, corner pressure, combos to punish your opponent, reads and defense with rock paper scissors, but the difference is everyone is in the same boat, with access to the same spells, the only difference is knowledge, speed, counters, damage combos and position and there is always someone better than you to verse. The skill ceiling is quite high you need to practice your muscle memory, and spell rotations in training mode, and to constantly think about how to punish your opponent for their mistakes, its very challenging and really fun.The other mode is warfare which is basically the meat and potatoes of the game, its the team portion of the game and is played 4v4, the objective is to stop the opponents from respawning and kill them one last time, this is done either by reducing the tokens to 0 by capping spawn points, killing enemies and letting the tokens drain by maintaining spawn points, or to capture all the spawns on the map in your teams favor and killing them, because without it they cannot respawn. There are a few different maps, maps with 3 spawns, or maps with 4 spawns, as well as some with teleporters to move around the different sections of the map. Its rather simple, but like all good team games, there is lots of depths due to how you position around the map, and how you control your opponents. You and your teammates can come up with different ways to win, maybe by holding more spawn points, and pushing the enemy into an area of the map where they are trapped, or maybe you want to use your healing spells to push through and try to capture somewhere else, by rotating differently everytime, it can get quite complex, but it is really fun and i cant wait to see how the game shapes up in the future, with more maps, more magicks to use (which cost meter by killing people, capturing spawns and slowly going up over time by itsself).There are different robes to customise your wizard with, and some are quite cool, and the rest rather funny, its Magicka after all. You can also team kill your teammates, which can be funny, and there is a time and place for it. Though it does help with the competitive nature of the game, because you have to be careful and to judge if its best to use particular spells or not.The community is awesome for the most part, everyone of all levels if you stick around will become invested, and will get to know people who are serious about getting better at the game, or having fun (though this can be seen as negative because the community is so small with a lack of much growth at the moment)Pros :8 different spells to master different combosindividuality with the weapons and robesfunny magicka humourcompetitiverefreshing new type of f2p game on the marketgreat communityhigh skill ceilingCons :high level of entry (you need to invest lots of time to get comfortable)bad netcodehigher skill cap that most gamessmall community
Was this review helpful?
694.3 hrs on record
Early Access Review
After more than 620 hours on record, this game is still incredibly fun. The last title to grip me this much was Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory I believe, and we're talking about 2 different worlds here! What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if you're more into FPS, RTS, MMORPG or friggin' bread simulator games - this one can hook anyone and is worth checking out either way!
Was this review helpful?
64.8 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Invoker PvP !
Was this review helpful?
463.0 hrs on record
Early Access Review
10^/10I absolutely love this game, its intriget, fast paced, dynamic, and once you get past the &spam-random-spells-stage& there are tons of strategi, and mind games going on.if you are wondering what the game is like, Think 4v4 Invoker (from dota 2, just with around 672 spells + 4 changeable &overdrive spells&, )
If you worry about the game being pay to win, then worry not! there is little to non power difference between the different items, they mostly cater to different tastes in playstyle, instead of actual power. the item system is quite complicated :)
if you are new and want some tips, or consider the game to bothersom to learn, then i would recommend watching Argotha's videos they might be outdated but i keep coming back to several of the lessons i learned in the videos.Link:
Have fun, and i hope to see you in magicka!Edit: Btw the game is entirely skill based. random luck will rarely work against anyone except New - Intermediate players.
Was this review helpful?
34.4 hrs on record
Early Access Review
I played original Magicka and I wanted to play with other humans. Now I can !!!Pros:Good business modelWell balanced = if you are really good player, you can defeat almost everyoneMultiplayer is always awesome !Daily mystery chest with goodiesCustomizations = much more than original MagickaSpecification = similar to point before. You can be fire mage if you want :). Free to play = Free to try :)Cons:Maybe expensive micro-transactions = robe for 5 Euros for example - of course this is in my point of viewBugs - but minor (early access here so no wonder :) )Things can change (bait and switch) - rather not buy something because you bought for some reason and it can be change dramatically until game is released - of course it is all on you, but I will wait until release.So overall, not bad. Cons are almost non existing. Thumbs up for this awesome game :).
Was this review helpful?
1.3 hrs on record
Early Access Review
For all you Dota fans, this is game is basically a battle of Invokers with not 3, but 8 elements to combine into spells.
Was this review helpful?
4.2 hrs on record
Early Access Review
Invoker online!!!!!
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
Languages:
Full audio
Portuguese-Brazil
Title: Magicka: Wizard Wars
Genre: , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 27 May, 2014
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &

我要回帖

更多关于 steam游戏平台 的文章

随机推荐